Friday, January 27, 2006

Job Interview

Today I attended an interview with a new company. I think it is a bold move for me because there are risks attached. My current job is secure till 2011 but the pay scale is not as great as the one that I am applying. The position that I applied is a temp to perm position which essentially means that they would hire me for 6 months to see if I suck and if I don’t, they hire me. It also means that I have to work my @ss off to secure the position. Why do I want to leave the current job? Cuz I get a 50% raise. Also I don’t have any family/commitments so I think it is a good time to take ‘calculated’ risks.

This position would be in downtown Boston or close to downtown, which I always wanted to experience. Having lived in Tennessee and Connecticut, I have never experienced a daily life at a big metropolitan.

The interview went on good; we talked about lot of technical stuff. Actually if I think about it, I was the one who talked for most of the time. He asked me a few questions which I was not able to answer but those were for core smart @ss people which I am not. There were two competitors for this job, one of them has a degree from MIT and has 20 yrs experience, and the other guy is a Russian who is also good. I don’t know how I fair among these big fishes.

Will they hire me? Will let you all know in the next blog entry. There are lots of other things to consider, even if they think that I am technically strong. One main reason is my temporary work permit in US. The US allows illegal immigrants to enter its borders, sell drugs, and apply for a citizenship and worse even get citizenship. I have been a law abiding ‘temporary resident’ since I have been in this country. Still I have to face so many problems/obstacles. You may wanna ask me why I don’t wanna consider going back to my country. Answer: I don’t get the same pay as I get here and I have lived here for more than 5 yrs now so I am more used to here now.

This Monday I would know about my job results (Hopefully). Hope it works out. It also means that I am close to where I operate my personal business. Sh!t that reminds me, this Monday I have exterminators coming to my house so I have to work all weekend and get stuff ready for them to raid my apartment. Life sucks!

posted by Artificial Dragon @ 6:54 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States