Thursday, May 18, 2006

Increase in gas price.

I fill my tank twice a month. My Honda Accord, on an average, gives me 30 MPG which is pretty good considering my driving style. I am getting mad about the increasing gas price. It takes me about 45 bucks to fill my tank. It used to be around 30-35 bucks.

Nowadays I reconsider before going places. I used to like driving and just go out and find new places but the increasing gas price has impacted my spending habits. Somebody has to do something about this. Either my paycheck needs a revision or the prices need to come down.

I think the gas price increase has got to do something with 1) how the economy is doing now. Don’t ask me more about it cuz I don’t talk about subjects that I don’t know much. 2) (This is my personal opinion, not to offend people) Why on earth do you need a truck the size of a house? These trucks and SUVs give 8-16 MPG which is BAD. I understand that a person needs a truck or a SUV if he/she has a big family. I personally know lot of single guys owning a SUV which is as big as my studio-apartment. I happened to ask about it to a friend of mine; he said “the bigger the truck, the more powerful it shows you are”. OK he was not as intelligent as I thought but what is the real reason?

I have also heard the blame on Chinese and Indians using up all the gas cuz their economy is growing. I don’t know much about my Chinese friends but I know about the brown tradition. If you see a car in India, there will be 20 people sitting in a 4-seater squeezed in (not literally but you know what I mean) (note: there are 50 thousand people in 1 square mile in India).

Here is the moral of my bored-and-don’t-know-what-to-do story. Get a car that gives you more mileage and less maintenance. Work hard improve the economy. Say no to war but at the same time bomb the bad guys. Save the world!

posted by Artificial Dragon @ 11:23 PM

4 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowowowow Enna oru sinthanai!!!!
Just Kidding! Nice thought karthik. Wondering who is this? Keep guessing......

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I try to do to avoid sticker shock is fill up at half a tank. That way you're not dropping 50 bucks at the pump, instead it's around 20 or 25. I know it's the same difference but it puts my mind at ease and that's all that matters. It just make it easier to swallow.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States