Monday, May 15, 2006

Quota system in India:

This situation has been going in India for so many centuries but the reason why it is in limelight now is because Arjun Singh (HRD Minister of India) wanted to exercise the quota system on some of the country’s top schools. The whole idea is to improve the lives of people who were discriminated till the late 1900s.

I personally think that the whole system needs a revision though I am personally guilty of enjoying the reservation. I am not against economically backward students, I favor reservations to people who really deserve it but only the city population gets benefit out of the whole system. It really looses the meaning of the whole concept.

I think the government should come up with a combination of economic status and the existing quota to really see justice.

Will the most backward people who make to these top schools through the quota system be able to keep up with the curriculum offered? That’s a big question. I really doubt it.

I can understand the feelings of students protesting against this system but not at the cost of saving lives, the doctors shouldn’t be rallying against it and call a strike. It affects the whole economy. But is there a better way to prove your point in India? I think not.

posted by Artificial Dragon @ 5:23 PM

3 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Adorable Bad Guy said...

Most of us feel the angst of being exploited by politicians. But they would not change as they are only trying to keep their vote banks happy. No point trying to reform the political system. But we can make this system irrelavent. Today we have the power to create a parallel edu system for the meritorious. I've expressed my views @
Harmless Tremors

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States